Frequently Asked Questions
For ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards
What are the ICF India Coaching Awards ?
The ICF India Coaching Awards are instituted to recognise and celebrate the exemplary work being done by ICF Coaches and organisations in India. The first of its kind ICF India Coaching awards was launched in 2022. This is the Second year of the India centric awards. There are two broad categories of awards. Awards for organisations (ICF India Prism Awards) and for individual coaches (ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards).
What are the award categories available for me as an individual coach?
As an individual coach you may nominate yourself or another ICF credentialed coach for the ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards. These awards are for coach practitioners who have made their mark on ICF and on the coaching profession.
The 3 Award categories are
- ICF India Coaching Excellence Rising Star Award – For ACC credentialed coaches
- ICF India Coaching Excellence Trailblazer Award – For PCC credentialed coaches
- ICF India Coaching Excellence Guru Award – For PCC & MCC credentialed coaches
Do I have to pay a fee to nominate for the award?
No, this award does not have a submission fee.
What are the benefits of winning an ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards?
Over the decades the ICF has emerged as the GOLD standard in coaching. The ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards’ rubrics are based on the coaches’ impact and contribution to the coaching profession, alignment to ICF’s vision, mission and core values and his/her/their role in creating social change and thought leadership. Winning these awards in a way extols the Coach’s achievement in India’s coaching ecosystem. Eventfully the Indian award winners are fully equipped to apply for the ICF Global awards.
Kindly demystify, who can be a nominee for the ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards?
Any ICF credentialed coach who is a resident of India practicing coaching in India can be a nominee i.e. they can be nominated for the ICF India Coaching Excellence Award.
Kindly demystify, who can be a nominator for the ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards?
The Nominator needs to be an ICF credentialed coach (ACC, PCC, MCC)
Can an ICF Coach from any chapter / location within India nominate another coach from a different chapter or location?
Yes, as long as he/she/them are ICF credentialed and their credentials haven’t lapsed at the time of nomination, selection or recognition process. The nominator and recommenders can be an ICF credentialed coach from a chapter even outside India.
Can a coach be nominated in multiple categories of ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards?
No. A coach can be nominated in only one category of ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards. Also, the nominator will inform the nominee that they are sending in their nomination – it is supposed to be collaborative process as the nominator needs to know all the work that the nominee has done + upload the nominee’s CV in the application.
If for some reason more than one person nominates a particular coach, then the Awards Team will accept the first arrived application as the main application and ask the other to withdraw their application or collaborate with the first nominator by becoming the recommender.
Can I self-nominate in multiple categories of ICF India Coaching Excellence Awards?
No, you can nominate yourself in only one category.
I don’t feel comfortable doing self-nomination but how would someone know my details and nominate me if I don’t share?
What is the composition of the Jury members – Are they all from India?
We have 11 Jury members in all, seven are from India and four are from other countries.
What credentials do the Jury of the ICF India Coaching Awards 2023 hold?
Seven of our Jury are MCC coaches, three are PCC and one is an ACC coach
How long will it take to complete the application process?
We have explained the 6 steps of the application process in this video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PYq57QWls
How will the award be presented?
The Award winners will be announced and awarded at the award ceremony scheduled as a part of the ICF India Coaching Conclave 2023 to be held at New Delhi on March 17, 2023. Winners will be asked to share a few words LIVE and also be sent a Trophy and certificate to their address after the Award.
Does nomination to any ICF India Coaching Award require an active ICF membership?
What is the last date to nominate?
Feb 27, 2023 9.00 PM
What happens if a nominee’s membership and/or Credential lapses during the nomination, selection or recognition process?
As long as the nominee can show proof of the application renewal, such a coach will be eligible to be nominated. If no such proof is in place the application will be disqualified from consideration.
Can a PCC or MCC credentialed coach be nominated for the ICF India Coaching Excellence Rising Star Award?
No. The nominee of the ICF India Coaching Excellence Rising Star Award can ONLY be an ACC coach. There are other award categories for PCC & MCC coaches – please see categories in question 3 above.
How many coaches/ organizations can one person nominate?
You may choose to nominate any number of coaches or organisations.
How will I know if my nomination has been approved?
The Awards Committee will keep you informed. Until then submit your application to the best of your ability and wait to hear from us.
For ICF India Prism Awards
What are the award categories available for me as an organisation?
As an organisation you may be nominated by your ICF credentialed internal or external coach for the ICF India Prism Awards that celebrates businesses and organizations that have built strong coaching cultures that demonstrate the positive effects of coaching.
- This award has 4 categories:
- Prism Award for organizations having < 200 employees
- Prism Award for organizations having 201 to 2,000
- Prism Award for organizations having 2,001 to 10,000 employees
- Prism Award for organizations having over 10,000 employees
What are the benefits of winning an ICF India Prism Awards?
The ICF India Prism Awards are based on the global ICF Prism Awards. The award rubrics bring out the organization’s efforts and ability to build coaching cultures in their workplaces. Winning these awards is a boost to the organization’s employer branding initiatives and creating a niche in their industry to attract and create talent.
- The ICF India Coaching Excellence Award or ICF India PRISM Award is an excellent opportunity to showcase the great work you have done as a professional coach or as an organisation to the world at large.
- The Jury for the Awards are stalwarts of the coaching fraternity and the corporate world. Irrespective of winning the awards all nominees will benefit from the rich feedback and feedforward from the illustrious jury panel which will be invaluable.
- The award winners will be widely shared and promoted among the ICF community in India through ICF local chapter’s social media handles and individual coaches’ social media handles, newsletters, and learning events. This in turn will help build the personal brand of an individual coach and an organisation to be seen as a great place to work
- The winners will appear in the YouTube Channel of the ICF chapters in India.
- Winners will be felicitated in a special awards ceremony on the first day of the ICF India Coaching Conclave 2023 to be held in New Delhi that will be widely attended by coaches, organizations and community at large. Winners will receive a Trophy and a Certificate.
- Winners will join the HALL OF FAME on the ICF India Coaching Awards website